Subject: Amos bugs, and thankyous
From: [email-masked] (Zodiac)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 93 10:37:55 WST

Gday all,
  Thanks to those who replied to my test message.  I've been having a lot of
problems mailing to this address but finally it seems I'm able to (that is
what the test was for =).

  Now, down to business.

  At present, I'm using Amos 1.3 (I think, it's the one that was distributed
on the cover of The One magazine...) and I've been writing a 3d-vector
program (I have no idea where it's heading though...I just HAD to do it!) and
in doing so I found a bug in the MOD operator.

  It seems MOD works well for positive numbers, but it incorrect for negatives.
For instance, (-1)MOD m should give m-1 for all m but it doesn't.  I know,
you can get around this but I hate crappy looking code....

  Another bug I found is with the arccos function (hold on...but you don't NEED
arccos for vectors.....well, tis fixed now but still).  When you feed in very
small values (order of about 1*10^-7) it returns ludicrous values.  tsk tsk!

  That's all for now dudes,  I gotta read nn yet.

Carl.

Catcha on the flip side guys!
-- 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If you wanna be in my gang, stand up with me.
 We'll start a revolution, and make the streets free.
 We'll never weaken, we'll give it our best.
 Can't be defeated, we're better than the rest."
               - Rose Tattoo : 'We Can't be Beaten'.

"So tell the whole world I'm not me I'm someone else and he's gone with me too."
               - Nik Kershaw : 'Gone to Pieces'.

															+------------------+
															| Carl Wooltorton. |
															+------------------+
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------